The 10 Most Expensive Travel Destinations in the World
Vacation – the best time of the year for almost everyone, but also the most difficult time for the wallet. Especially with these ten most expensive travel destinations in the world:
10th place – London
Teatime, Queen and Big Ben. These three key points alone promise above all: An upscale class. Hotel beds cost from 129 euros a night, some pocket money should also be available for extensive shopping, but at least the flight prices to London are still limited.
9th place – Washington
Who has not dreamed of spending the night in the city where the most powerful man in the world controls and rules? Even in hotels that are less of a standard than the White House, you pay a small fortune – from around 135 euros per night.
8th place – Venice
The prices in the city of love are not loving, but Venice is a must-see. Regardless of whether you want to enjoy the flair from the gondola or a nice café – your wallet should be ready to make 139 euros for the night and a cappuccino for 10 euros by no means stands out from the crowd.
7th place – Boston
If you want to enjoy the impressive skyline of the capital of Massachusetts and sniff a lot of museum air at the same time, you have to dig deep into your pocket as you would on a trip to Venice. Here, too, the overnight stays start at around 139 euros.
6th place – Moscow
If you want to marvel at onion domes and try real Russian vodka in your country of origin, you can do so from around 150 euros per night. Admission prices, for example for the Bolshoi Theater, are also noteworthy.
5th place – New York
In the Big Apple, everything is actually a sight. There are things to discover on every corner, every skyscraper seems bigger than the other. And the prices also seem gigantic. You can spend the night in New York from 153 euros, but there are additional sums for shopping, entrance fees and transport costs.
4th place – Geneva
Not that far away, but certainly not cheaper! The Switzerland has just style – Whether cheese fondue in a mountain hut in the scenic countryside, or buying a new pocket knife, you should have good stuff in their travel budget, because nights can be found here until around 170 euros!
3rd place – Monte Carlo
The night costs an unbelievable 185 euros and that doesn’t include the price for a tour of the racetrack!
We can only hope that you can improve your travel budget in one of the numerous casinos!
2nd place – Doha
‘Where is that supposed to be?’, Most people ask themselves and suspect, however, that it will be expensive here too. Doha is a small island in the Arab emirate of Qatar and the night here costs an impressive 190 euros!
1st place – Capri
Right at the top of our list of the ten most expensive holiday destinations in the world is the island of Capri in the Gulf of Naples, where an overnight stay costs from an unbelievable 247 euros. You just have to see the landscape – but best on a day tour from Naples.
- 5 Fascinating Big Cities in Asia
- Algeria Travel Overview
- Botswana Tour Plan
- Colombia Travel Guide
- Ecuador Arts and Literature
- Emigration to Peru
- Guadeloupe Travel Guide
- Indonesia Tour Plan
- Indonesia Travel Package
- Japan Culture
- Lithuania for Nature Lovers
- Lithuania for Sports Lovers
- Lithuania Travel Guide
- Montenegro Tour Plan
- Nicaragua Tour Plan
- Oman The Secret Pearl of The Orient
- Russian Arts From 1957 to 1991
- Spain Tour Plan
- Sri Lanka Lion Rock
- The Republic of Hungary
- Turkey Tour Plan
- Typical Lithuania
- United Kingdom Tour Plan
- Climate of Duluth, Minnesota December 4, 2023 - Duluth, Minnesota, nestled along the western tip of Lake Superior, experiences a humid continental climate marked by four distinct seasons, with cold winters and mild to warm summers. The city's… Read more
- Climate of Biloxi, Mississippi November 26, 2023 - Biloxi, located in Harrison County, Mississippi, experiences a humid subtropical climate characterized by hot summers, mild winters, and a moderate amount of precipitation throughout the year. The figures provided here… Read more
- Climate of Springfield, Missouri November 18, 2023 - Springfield, Missouri, located in the Ozarks region of the United States according to citiesplustowns.com, experiences a humid subtropical climate with four distinct seasons, including hot summers, cold winters, and transitional… Read more
- Eyota, Minnesota November 13, 2023 - Eyota is a small city located in Olmsted County, southeastern Minnesota, United States. Nestled within the picturesque Driftless Area, Eyota boasts a charming and diverse geography that attracts both residents… Read more
- Fontana, Wisconsin November 6, 2023 - Fontana, Wisconsin is a beautiful village located in Walworth County, in the southeastern part of the state. Nestled on the western shore of Geneva Lake, Fontana is known for its… Read more
- Westtown, Pennsylvania October 30, 2023 - Located in Chester County, Pennsylvania, Westtown is a township with a rich history and picturesque geography. Spanning an area of approximately 12 square miles, Westtown is surrounded by natural beauty… Read more
- West Lebanon, Pennsylvania October 23, 2023 - West Lebanon is a small borough located in the southwestern part of Pennsylvania, United States. Situated in the northernmost tip of Indiana County, West Lebanon boasts a charming rural atmosphere… Read more
- Yaren District, Nauru Geography October 23, 2023 - Yaren District, also known as Yaren, is one of the fourteen districts of the small island nation of Nauru, located in the Pacific Ocean. Yaren serves as the de facto… Read more
- Climate of Missoula, Montana October 23, 2023 - Missoula, Montana, experiences a continental climate with distinct seasons, characterized by warm summers and cold winters. This climate type is influenced by the city's inland location, mountainous terrain, and its… Read more
- Waynesburg, Pennsylvania October 16, 2023 - Waynesburg is a small borough located in Greene County, Pennsylvania. Situated in the southwestern part of the state, Waynesburg is nestled in the Appalachian Plateau region. The borough covers an… Read more